Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Money Monday: Two Weeks Behind

Time flies when you stay busy! And that is a good thing. For the last two weeks I have been pleasantly surprised with how busy eBay has been.

 

I have set a mini-goal to list AT LEAST five items daily. By doing this, I am not so overwhelmed with trying to build my store inventory. Some days, even listing just five items can be a challenge.

 

Sales have been consistent over the last two weeks. Many of my sales were my Fire King dinnerware collection. I am glad that it is finding its way to a new home.

One of my best sales these last two weeks is this 1930 Jaro Hess litho/poster. It shows the geography of the land of make believe, with all the fairy tales and nursery rhymes

I found it all rolled up with other posters in a bucket at a thrift store. I carefully unrolled all the posters, they were all vintage and exceptionally pretty. But this one caught my eye. Even though it was rolled up you could instantly tell the the quality by the feel of the paper and the beautiful graphics.

It was originally marked $1.00 but the thrift store was having a 75% off sale on all art work. My cost was 0.25 cents.

They

 

The poster also had a big huge rip of 16" from the left side into the middle of the poster. That made me a little sad, but I knew it had value even with the rip.

After checking completeds, my intuition was correct. This particular poster without rips in it has sold for $275.00. When I saw that, I was really excited!!

I wanted to be competitive but I didn't want to give it away, even though I only paid a quarter for it. I priced it at 199.00 and took a best offer of $150.00!!

 

Here is how last two weeks went:

Active listings: 644

Cost of items sold: $45.00

Number of sales: 32

Total sales: $950.00

Amount spent on new inventory: $45.00

Average selling price: $31.00

International sales: 4

Returns: 1

Feedback: all positive this week

Last but not least, here are some of my coffe mugs sales.

Each mug cost on the average, about 0.50 cents.

The average selling price of the mugs was 27.00 with free shipping.



 

Have a great week!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing return on a poster. I would never think to even look at posters. Very nice score!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, yes, it was a pleasant surprise for me too! It was my first time to look for posters, but it won't be my last :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the poster sale! That's great! And congrats on those mugs, too. I forgot that we're starting to enter coffee mug season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love selling mugs. You just never know what people are looking for!

      Delete
  4. I always check the bin with all the rolled up items at the GW store. You never know what's in there. That being said, I would have never thought a ripped poster would sell, let alone sell for $150. That's truly astounding! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I will always be checking the bins that have rolled up posters now. You just never know!

      Delete
  5. Wow, great flip on that poster! I would never have thought of picking it up. You've got great instincts! Thanks for the BOLO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The poster was definitely a great find. It still amazes me what you can find in Thrift stores AND how potentially valuable it is.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Thanks! It definitely made my day when it sold!

      Delete