Friday, June 27, 2014

Jaguar,Thunderbirds and Villeroy and Boch

Coffee cups and mug sales ( and a glass) for last week. I am drawn to coffee cups and mugs when I go to thrift stores. It's a rare occasion that I leave a thrift store without at least one coffee cup in my bag. They are a cheap investment from as low as a quarter to as high as a dollar and sometimes I spend more depending on what it is. For me, mugs are an easy flip.
I've included my coffee cup mug sales from last week to show you what has been selling for me. Sales are slow since I'm coming off a month-long vacation. But now that I'm back to listing almost every day my sales are picking up.
Villeroy and Boch coffee cup. Paid .79 cents sold for 23.00 dollars (fs)

I know, this is not a mug, but just about anything military will sell.
Thunderbird 2005 schedule glass, paid .79 cents sold for 24.00 (fs)



Saving the best for last! A Jaguar coffee cup. I paid .35 cents and sold it for $32.00 (fs).
Yes, mugs are a slow dime, but for me they are easy to store and I don't mind hanging on to them for a while. I would say I have had these mugs for at least a year.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, How do you ship your mugs? I want to try the rolled cardboard in a PFRM, but I'm nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,

      In the past, I would ship my mugs via the "jellyroll method" or "FOMO. If you go on youtube and search for FOMO there should be a couple of videos from the Thrifting with the Boys guys to show you how to do it.

      I now use the little 6 x 6 x 4 boxes recommended by Lorraine of Clamco. She buys them on Amazon, really inexpensive, so I stocked up on them for the fall and winter.

      With either method, I make sure to fill the inside of the mug with bubble wrap or newspaper. I also do the same to the handle. I stuff it! I believe the reinforcement of the extra stuffing helps with safe shipping.

      And of course the Flat Rate Padded Envelopes are a God send.

      Hope this helps! Thanks for stopping by!

      .

      Delete
  2. I love mugs, too, and it seems like they do really well in the fall/winter months. I added your new blog to my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the add! You are on mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaguar,Thunderbirds and Villeroy and Boch. Coffee cups and mug sales ( and a glass) for last week. I am drawn to coffee cups and mugs when ... vvilleroyundboch.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete