Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals: Aiming High! Hello Third Quarter

Everyday I get up and have good intentions of growing my eBay business. Then I get distracted. And it does not take much to distract me. Usually it is Facebook. It is so easy for me to waste a couple hours a day on Facebook. Meh.

Let's change that Lisa. Set your goals and put them where you have to look at them everyday. The refrigerator will be a good place. I am in that thing several times a day.

 

1. Increase listings to 1000. Currently I am at about 485. I probably have more than enough stuff to list to accomplish this goal, but I will give myself two months to get this completed.

I finally hit 500 listings tonight!!! Woo Hoo!!'

2. Raise my average selling price to $35.00- $40.00. They may not be the easiest thing for me to do, I have a lot of items that are priced at 19.99 to 29.99. There are also a dew higher priced items to balance things out. More planning required

 

3. Gross $3000.00 for July. Did you stop laughing yet?? Aim high or not at all!! Today's sales: $1.49. I have a ways to go!!

Yes, this is my 1.49 sale. I started with 125 of these Care Bears. They were 0.10 a piece. I initially tried to sell them in lots of ten. No sales. So then I started selling them for 0.99 each. Sold one.

Then I changed the quantity from 125 to 10. That is when I stated getting watchers. Right now there are 7! Crazy, right? Then I raised the price to $1.49. I sell a few of these a month. Go figure.

 
 

4. Tweak and improve my store categories. For the most part they are very general and do not have sub-categories. The first category I worked on was women's wear. At first it was just women' clothing.
I have added the following sub-categories:

Dresses skirts
Blouses shirts
Purses
Shoes
Pants
Lingerie
Scarves
Plus size

There is one more but I can't remember it. I am thinking about adding jewelry to the women's category. Right now, jewelry is a primary category.

Do you make use of your store categories and sub categories??

What are you July goals?

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great list of goals. I had originally set a goal at the beginning of the year to get to 1,000 listings. I'm almost there, so I think I'm upping that goal to 1,500. I'm also ending older inventory. I'm tweaking the listings, raising the prices, and doing a sell similar (about 15-20 items each day). It's working! I've sold at least 1 of each older item each day that I've been doing this. Hoping for a great 3rd quarter for all of us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire how you are always tweaking and improving your store. It was you who inspired me to get my listings up to 1000. :)

      It may take me three months to actually get it there.

      Good Luck on your Third Quarter too!!!!

      Delete
  2. I just recently got a store and the only thing I really like about it is being able to make those categories. I love to organize so I did that right away. I think it helps the buyer find what they want faster.

    ReplyDelete