Saturday, July 5, 2014

Working on eBay Store Categories

The last two days, I have been working on my store categories and making subcategories. I pretty much have my women's wear category where I want it. It has the following sub-categories or (level 2) categories.

 

I am pretty happy with the Women's Wear Category for now.

 Category: All Categories > Women's Wear
Category (level 2)# of Subcategories
Category name: Blouses Shirts0
Category name: Dresses Skirts 0
Category name: Pants0
Category name: Purses0
Category name: Shoes0
Category name: Lingerie0
Category name: Plus Size0
Category name: Scarves0










 

 

What I am working on now is the mug cup category. I love to buy and sell coffee cups and mugs! No real reason why, I am just drawn to them.

 

Here is a list of my mug categories:

 

So far I have about 149 mugs listed. There were some auctions that recently finished, most of which were mugs. The pictures of them are really crappy, so will be taking "new" and hopefully better pictures of them.

They will be relisted. Again. Having to re-take photos will put me behind in increasing my listings. But that is okay. There are more listings that need to have better pictures besides just my mugs.

 


I have been listing my Fire King Collection. I have tons of it. Talk about OCD! I had to have every piece of that stuff!

When my mom passed, she had so much glassware that she collected,the prospect of selling it overwhelmed me. I ended up donating it all to Goodwill. So, I am trying to NOT burden my family with all my Fire King. And I can spend that money now :-)

 

Here is a screen shot of some of the Fire King I have listed. The plates are multiples. Some styles have 15 plates, some have 6, and so on. So one listing pretty much take care of it.

Some of the listings are best off, and some are not. I think by Christmas it will all be gone. Fingers crossed!

 

Time to take more pictures......

Hay Thrifting!

 

2 comments:

  1. I use categories but not subcategories. Because of the huge amount of different things I sell, I'm a little intimidated by all those possible subcategories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting items in sub categories is a time suck! I am concentrating on just several categories. Mugs/cups, women's wear, men's wear, and maybe Disney stuff. I will see how it goes.

      I have read where putting items in sub categories with good KWs helps with traffic. Now, what are good KWs? Beats me!

      It has cut into my listing time, that 's for sure. But, if it increases traffic, I see it as a plus.

      Delete