Monday, July 28, 2014

Money Monday: A Slight Improvement






Last week was definitely a little busier on eBay. There were sales almost daily. Woo Hoo! That has not happened in a long time.



I was hoping to get my listing up past 600 this last week but that did not happen. What I did work on was my bookkeeping. For the last four months all I have done was collect receipts and write down mileage. It took me about two afternoons to get it all together. I hate bookkeeping :)
But Lorraine at Clamco inspired me to get it together. Here is her post on how she keeps track of her numbers. I fell so much better about that. Whew!!


Here are a couple of my sales from last week:

I saw on one of the Facebook groups that this cooler could be profitable. I paid $4.99 and it sold for $37.19, shipping paid by customer.

 

I paid 0.99 cents for each mug. The pair of these Disney mugs sold for $89.99 f/s

I was running a sale in my store,the original price was $99.99.

 

 

Here are the numbers for last week:
Active listings: 579 (574-last week)

Cost of items sold: $20.00
Number of sales: 15
Total sales: 500.00

Amount spent on new inventory : $25.00
Average selling price: $33.00


International sales:1
Returns:0
Feedback: all positive this week

I am still listing my Fire King collection. I hope to get most of the jadeite listed this week. It will be a relief to get it all listed. I never realized how much I had accumulated.

 

Hope your weekly profits were awesome!

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Lisa! Looks like things are picking up for you. That's great! How long did it take you to collect all your jadeite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collected Fire King for about 15 years. It was my obsession.

      Delete
    2. I had a similar obsession with MIJ lusterware (the orange and blue china). Now I'm stuck with vases and teapots that I can't give away. At least your jadeite has value. It's really beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Awesome flip on the mugs!

    ReplyDelete