Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Estate Sale Update

Almost two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to attend an estate sale at my church. The estate sale was that of a member who has been getting older and not doing well and she went to live with her family. It was her wishes that whatever her family didn't want to save and keep, that the church have a sale and benefit from whatever was sold.

I am happy to report that I have sold enough items to break even on my investment of $50.00.
The first sale of $37.19 was the vintage Penguin ice bucket. It went to England.


The next sale was the Regalware Dutch oven for $23.24 shipping paid by buyer.

And now whatever sells from this lot will be profit ( minus fees.etc.). In fact this morning, the lighthouse cookie cutter sold for $17.59 f/s.



I haven't had any hits on the dinnerware or glassware, I suspect they will be slow to sell. But,that is okay. I am confident they will their way to just the right buyer eventually.




Have you had any experiences buying from Estate sales?

3 comments:

  1. I like the estate sales that aren't run by estate sale pros. They usually have much better prices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Lighthouse dishes are GREAT! I'm betting they will sit for awhile, but they will sell to the right buyer for a high price I have a feeling about them!!!

    ReplyDelete