Saturday, August 2, 2014

Revisiting July's Goals and Hello August!

I set a lofty goal of $3000.00 gross for my eBay sales last month. Did I reach that goal? Ahhh.....no. My gross sales were $1086.00 or 36% of the $3000.00 goal.

I also set a goal to get my listings up to 1000 by the end of the year. At the beginning of July, they were hovering at 500. As of last night, they were just over 600.

I am still working on tweaking my categories and sub- catagories. Here is a link to my mug category and it sub-categories. I think I need to add another sub-category titled " made in Japan". I have a lot of vintage mugs that are made in Japan.
I also wanted to raise my average selling price to the $35.00 - $40.00. Of course I would love to sell a bunch of items in that price range, but truthfully many of my items are not priced that high. I source many low cost items ( mostly mugs) and try to flip them quickly.

Packing and shipping mugs via the FOMO method is quick and easy work. So I will be happy to sell a bunch of mugs and boost sales that way. To do that I will keep the price the same unless I need to add a but to compensate for free shipping. And I will run frequent markdowns in that category to stimulate sales. Whatever works!

For August the goals will stay pretty much the same. Strive to reach $3000.00 in gross sales, increase my listings to eventually reach 1000. (hopefully by the end of the year)

Raise average selling price? Well, at this point a sale is a sale. :-)






4 comments:

  1. My sales were just about the exact same as yours :) I have basically the same goal. I would love to see an average of $100 per day. Hoping we both get closer to our goal in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All we can do is try!! I think we are both on a mission!! Good Luck in August!

      Delete
  2. The two of you are my heroes! :-)

    ReplyDelete