Monday, August 11, 2014

Money Monday: Much Improved

Sales were much improved last week. As I read through my blog list, it seems that it pretty much true for the majority of eBay sellers. Isn't it nice to hear the "cha-ching" on your phone when you have a sale? I still get excited when I hear it.

 

Last week I was busy with chores around together house so my listing numbers are about the same. We have a lot of fix it projects to complete before the end of the year. Sometimes it is hard to find a balance between eBay and things that need to get done around the house.

 


One of those projects is both eBay and house related. I am trying to get my inventory under control so I know where items are and how many I have of each. Definitely a thankless task, but needs to be done. This project will definitely take more time to complete.

See the Banker's Boxes in the picture? I am attempting to put my mug inventory in them. It is time consuming, but at least I can see what I have, tweak the listing and improve the picture quality. I am also trying to include 12 pictures into my listings. eBay provides twelve free pictures, and I figure of I can use all of them ( at least on my new listings) my items will place higher in the search.

 

I had a couple of good sales last week. My best sale was the Indiana Blue Teal Thumbprint Tumblers. These tumblers were part of the church estate sale over a month ago. I paid $5.00 for the whole box of glasses (48 total). That was the specific price on the box, but if I average all the listings by the $50.00 I spent for the WHOLE lot, the price would be closer to 0.83 cents a listing. ($50.00 divided by 66 listings)

 

Back to the tumblers. Monday, a customer bought ALL 12 of the tumblers! She paid $151.00 with F/S.

 

 
Mug sales this week were pretty good. This is the best one, I think. Four Zodiac mugs ( vintage Federal glass) sold for $45.99 and shipped internationally to England. The buyer paid $65.00 in shipping, can you believe it? If they would have sold in US i would have paid shipping. All four mugs cost about $3.00 total.
 

 

 

 

Last week was a pretty good week on eBay!

Here is how last week went:

Active listings: 615

Cost of items sold: $27.50

Number of sales: 20

Total sales: $485.00

Amount spent on new inventory: $30.00

Average selling price: $24.00

International sales: 2

Returns: 0

Feedback: all positive this week

Hope your week was awesome!!

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the glassware sale. That's awesome! I had more sales over the weekend than I've had in a long time. I was busy printing labels this morning. It's wonderful. I hope this trend keeps going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to complain about packing stuff up, some of the items were packing challenges. Never again! I " love" packing and shipping :-)

      Congrats on your sales Lorraine! I hope it continues too!

      Delete
  2. You had a great week, Lisa! I knew those beautiful glasses weren't going to last long, and don't you just love international shipping!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the mugs. Someone wanted them bad! I love the tumblers. I have two that are amber and am on the hunt to find more. The amber is my favorite. I have a couple of the green too! I like to have a mix of different colors and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definately worth it to comb through your inventory. We just moved ours around and I ended up having to refund a lost $70 order :( Your shelving units are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I need to get listing on eBay like crazy, thanks for the inspiration. I too am jealous of your shelving!

    ReplyDelete