Monday, June 30, 2014

Money Monday: It pays to list

Following along with Kim from Garage Sale Heaven, I wanted to keep track of my weekly sales,weekly listings and challenge myself to get both my profits and listings up.

Active listings: 468
Items listed this week: 23
Value of items listed this week $522.00
Cost of items sold: $28.50
Number of sales: 15
Total sales: $550.00
Amount spent on new inventory: $37.00
Average selling price: $37.00
International sales: 1
Returns: 0
Feedback: all positive this week


$37.00 is the highest my average selling price has ever been. It would be nice to keep it that high, but I know that it was because of the Mickey Mouse Body Parts Dinnerware sales


I sold two sets at $74.99 each (fs) to same buyer last week. There is one more set left that I am going to break apart and send to auction.


Last week I mentioned that I bought a fill-a-bag of clothes for $10.00. I managed to stuff in about 26 items in that bag!

I have already had two sales from those listings.
Rima beachwear caftan. For $24.99

And this Alfred Dunner blouse with attached tank top for $19.99


After going through all the items I stuffed into that bag, some were not going to be sold due to condition. This raised my cost per item from 0.48 cents per item to about 0.75cents per item. Still not bad!

And just when I think my plush items will never sell out of the blue comes this sale.

It is a Dan Dee plush valentine bear, sold for $24.99 fs
You just never know!

Hope your sales were awesome!!

11 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I must be slow. When did Happy Girl Thrift become Central Florida Thrifter? I saw the name on Kimberly's blog and clicked on it and here you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine, there for a while I lost interest in blogging due to too much going on at home. I changed my www.happygirlthrift.com link to go directly to my ebay store. Now, after a few months I want to blog again. So, I went with Central Florida Thrifter.blogger.

      During my hiatus, I would go to your blog, Clamco almost daily to check on all my old blogging buddies :)

      Delete
  2. That's a great week of numbers. I also love the bag day sales. You can;t beat $10 a bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! You can't beat the 10.00 fill a bag! Listing clothes is time consuming, but it can pay off. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the linky love, Lisa. I'm jealous of your average price per sale. That is awesome!! As I was updating my inventory book and looking at what I had priced some items at, I decided that many of my prices needed to go up. In addition to new listings, I'm trying to end 20 old listings each day. I'm trying to improve them anyway that I can and then raise the price and add the best offer option. I'm hoping that over the next few months, it will begin to pay off with a higher average selling price. I always fear that raising prices will hurt my sales, but I decided to take the plunge and hope for the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly,
      I think that is a great idea to improve and raise the prices of your listings. I do the same. I look back on what is not selling and change the listing a it and rais the price.

      Delete
    2. Continuation: I currently have about 15 listings on a 9.99 auction because I have had them forever!! I may have to let them go if they don't sell. Good luck on raising your average selling price. That is my goal too.

      Delete
  4. Nice sale on those Mickey sets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anny! Thanks for stopping by! I am very pleased by the profit on the mickey plates!

      Delete
  5. Great sales on the those Mickey sets! Plush seems to sit around for awhile before it sells. I don't have many in my store, but was glad for 2 recent plush sales. Glad to see you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be back! Yes, plush does seem to sit for awhile. But in most cases,it is such an easy item to ship.

      I have listed the remaining set of mickey body parts individually at auction for a very high price. Hope somebody really really wants it!

      Delete