Monday, July 7, 2014

Money Monday: The Summer Blues

Following along with Kim from Garage Sale Heaven, I wanted to keep track of my weekly sales,weekly listings and challenge myself to get both my profits and listings up.

Active listings: 512 (last week- 468)
Items listed this week: 44
Value of items listed this week 998.00 (lots of Fire King)
Cost of items sold: $5.00
Number of sales: 7
Total sales: 155.00
Amount spent on new inventory: $9.50
Average selling price: $22.00
International sales: 1
Returns: 0
Feedback: all positive this week

Sales this week were SLOW. Very SLOW. I am betting that July Fourth had a lot to do with the lack of sales. At this rate it will be a miracle if I even get close to my July goals!
On the plus side, I had a chance to get my listings up to 512 from 468 last week. There were a bunch of listings that I re-did the photos and cleaned up the listing a bit. There were also some items that I ended and took them to the Goodwill.

Here is what sold this week: 

Nice Hawaiian Shirt: $24.99(f/s)


Fire King Milk Pitcher $64.99 (fs)


Two of these suckers sold this week! $1.49 each, buyer pays shipping. 


This is a bank. $24.99 (fs)


Vintage Fisher Price Mickey and Minnie little people $21.99 (fs)



Surprise! A coffee cup sold! This went for 23.99 (fs)



Babbacombe pottery string holder
$20.49 buy pays to ship.



I am glad to have sales, no matter how few. My average selling price is down from $37 last week to $22 this week. That's fine too. I do have many higher value items in my store, but I try to keep it balanced with the lower priced ones. Keeping my TRS is a numbers game. The more sales ( even if they are $1.49 Care Bears) helps dilute the dings I do have.


How were your sales last week? 

Did the July Fourth holiday affect you?

4 comments:

  1. I just love that jadeite. I had no idea it was so valuable! I like your reasoning about diluting dings with more sales, even if they are low dollar. My problem is that very few buyers leave me any feedback. I think it's because I leave it first. I'm going to experiment and see if witholding it until they leave feedback works any better. It could backfire on me though, with my luck. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diluting the defect rate is a numbers game. My current defect rate is .97%. 3 defects divided by 308 (transactions)

      Another higher volume seller has a defect rate of .38%. They have three defects divided by 792 transactions.

      This is why I have been listing a couple of " loss leaders", to improve my defect rate.

      Now what does feedback ( negative ) have to do with the defect rate? I guess it is how the customer contacts you ( other versus INAD) that gives you the defect dings.

      Maybe the feedback is for the potential customer to see how seller treats the previous customer.

      I really don't know ( shrugging shoulders)

      Delete
  2. I was lucky enough to have sales earlier in the week, but once the holiday weekend hit, sales died off in a big way. Today has been very slow, too. Hoping things will pick up tonight. Love the jadite pitcher and mickey and minnie, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your sales are awesome this week! The jadeite use to be my passion!!! I have totes and totes of that stuff. Time to let it go!!

      Delete