Friday, July 11, 2014

Central Florida Thrift Store Crawl: The Village Thrift Shop Orlando

Greetings Thrifters! Welcome to my second in the series of "Central Florida Thrift Store Crawl".


The Village Thrift Store in downtown @ 888 E Michigan St Orlando 32806. It occupies the same building as an automotive repair shop. In fact, they are husband and wife. How cool is that? They get to work side by side everyday!


I have lived in Orlando since 1970 and attended the church next door to this business. As far as I can recall, it has been operational for at least that long.


This particular business is a consignment thrift. You can sign up, agree to the terms and then schedule a day to bring your stuff in. I use to do this a couple times a year. It was good for a few bucks here and there.


Warnng: there is a LOT of stuff in this store. If you are claustrophobic, you might want to avoid it.
When you enter and look to the left, you will see housewares,glasses, and knickknacks. Tons of them.

And I just noticed, is that an Easter basket on the ceiling??

There are layers and layers of things to go through.







When you look to your right upon entering the store, there are racks and racks of clothes.



The back wall beyond the clothes has lamps.


There is also a toy section in the middle of the store. I didn't get any pictures, but you get the idea....

As you can see, this thrift store is packed to the gills. You will need to allow yourself at least an hour to dig through all that they have.

I have on occasion found some decent items there. Their prices are average on most items. Some are a little high, but remember it is a consignment shop.

When I have Appts in Orlando, I always try to leave enough time to visit this little thrift store.

8 comments:

  1. that thrift store looks like more fun than most. My hubby's fam is in that area....now we need to go visit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a packed full store! No doubt you will find a few treasures :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I would have to try to go when no one else was there just to be able to move around and dig, but I bet there are some treasures hiding in those layers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to navigate when more than 3 people are in the store. The aisles are so tiny,only one person at a time can get through!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Digging is the keyword! There is stuff everywhere!

      Delete
  4. Look at all the housewares! I would be there for ages.

    Thanks for suggesting my bowl is malachite; I think you are right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!!it is a beautiful piece. Will you keep it or sell it?

      Delete